Or, in layman’s terms, “Even though you went and did all that cool shit for 8 months, you have to relearn how to have fun while being a normal person.” These will probably be a little more boring to follow along with (being more improvement-oriented), but I really don’t feel the need to have a private and a public bucket list.
I only have until the end of July to get these done though… after that, I’m moving to Austin, TX! I’m actually pretty excited about this opportunity to explore a city I’ve always wanted to live in… and that has so much good hype going for it. For one, it’s known as the Live Music Capital of the states!
Anyways, this bucket list. I’ll help you out: I’m going to order these lists from as-interesting-as-I-can-be to no-one-gives-a-fuck. I’ve done this before, this is not my first rodeo (figurative. Maybe when I head down south, I will actually attend a rodeo)
ON THE BLOG
- Them videos!
I need to get back to producing the travel videos that I love so much… mainly so that I can relive this past year (and hold back the tears of being stuck in a mundane, serving job during the summer to rebuild my bank account). Videos to look forward to include: Morocco, UK, Ireland, Santorini.
- Time for a new design.
Although I still like the current layout of the blog, I think it’s time for a redesign! I’ve been pushing this off mostly because of laziness… but get ready for some not-so-major overhauling this summer.
This is kind of a sore subject for me right now… because I’m back home, back at the beginning before I even started college, it really feels like I’m regressing. Last summer, things were fine and still exciting, being the first summer I spent in Ann Arbor, my college town. But here, I’ve spent many, many summers here…
You guys haven’t though! I guess I could show you around a bit
- Ribfest, also called the Fat People Gathering.
- Memorial Day Parade, where you see every single person that lives in my town in a parade, lining the parade, or happening upon the parade
- Motorcycle license! This is the summer, guys. I will finally be getting my motorcycle license!
- Taste of Chicago, Fat People Gathering: Extreme Edition.
- Ale Fest (July19)
- Check out the Farmer’s Market
- Life Time Cycle Palooza in Chicago (6/19)
- Chicago Blues Festival (6/13-6/15)
- Attend one of Chicago’s Summer Film Series (every Tues @ 18:30)
- Get a travel tattoo. I’m 80% sure what I want to get, I’m just waiting to consult a tattoo artist, to get a quote, and then to see if I earned enough this summer to get one.
- Attend a sporting event in one of the many Chicago stadiums you’ve never been. The only thing is… baseball is the main summer sport and I have little to no interest in such a snail-pace of a game.
- Go camping
- Drink on a roof at night
- Have a really good conversation with a new friend
- Start researching Austin adventures!!
- Skydive. I’ve been putting this off for far too long!
- Explore individual neighborhoods of Chicago
Yup, I definitely went wild while abroad and now I’m busy wiping up the hunger-pain tears my bank is shedding. Overall, during my 6-week backpacking trip through the most randomly spread out cities, I spent a little less than $100/day. I do admit that I wasn’t that worried about budgeting while traveling (mostly because I don’t know how) and I’d been saving up 3 summers worth of more-than full-time working.
Get a summer job
- Learn about investing/the stock market
- Sell my useless crap on Craigslist/Amazon/eBay
- Save over $6,000 from my current summer job
- Build back up to 3 miles
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- X-Men Days of Future Past
- How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Million Dollar Arm
- A Million Ways to Die in the West
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Game of Thrones
- Once Upon a Time
Me Before You
- A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Brave New World
- The Fault in Our Stars
- On the Road
- The Great Railway Bazaar